- June 2020 : Dead Cat? Or New Bull? (6/26/2020) - “Because of the Fed’s interventions, market prices and credit spreads don’t have the information content that we think they have. The Fed is mucking up what prices mean.” Peter Fisher, former Fed Executive VP, Bank for Int’l Settlements, US Treasury, etc. “There is a bear market out there – it’s in true price discovery.” David Rosenberg, former chief economist Merrill Lynch Something is going on out there – the repo panic of Sept/19, followed by the equities panic of March/20 … suggest systemic risks, which the Fed has been scrambling to cover. The Fed’s current largesse is an order of… Continue Reading
- Q1 2020 : We’ve only just begun… Cha cha changes (4/17/2020) - Mad World As you read this, the world is in the midst of unprecedented change. Not just here in the United States … this change will be large scale and global (and we’re not just speaking financial markets). For us to suggest we have all the answers as to what our future looks like would be foolish, though to make the assumption that things will go back to business as usual upon a government “quarantine” being lifted, in our humble opinion, is obtuse, linear thinking. We place a high probability on the thought that everything from how we educate our… Continue Reading
- June 2020 : Dead Cat? Or New Bull?
- May 2020 : History is Speaking to Us … Again! It’s Your Choice…
- Q1 2020 : We’ve only just begun… Cha cha changes
- March 2020 : Making Rational Decisions In uncertain times…
- February 2020 : Escalator up ELEVATOR DOWN!
- Q4 2019 : The Importance of History…and boy, is it“rhyming”today?!
- December 2019 : Complexity, Fragility & CONTAGION
- November 2019 : Economic Gravity! The More things change, the more they stay the same! Have we learned Nothing?
- Q3 2019 : Cycles Matter & Risk Happens Quickly
- September 2019 : Lighting money on Fire! Justice Samuel Putnam: Turning in his grave!
- August 2019 : Odds over Outcomes?!
- Q2 2019 : Spotting Rip-Currents & Navigating Negative Yields!
- June 2019 : The Fed: Data Dependent or Defending their Position?
- May 2019 : Extend and Pretend!
- Q1 2019 : Building our Legacy starts with a Strong Foundation
- 4Q 2018 : The Fed: 650… 525(+400)… 250(+?)…
- 3Q 2018 : Let’s Play a Game – Millionaire vs. Billionaire
- 2Q 2018 : Patience, at times, is Prudent
- 1Q 2018 : Special Report – “MOAB”
- 1Q 2018 : The Return of Volatility