- December 2020 : Just give it a week… (12/31/2020) - When’s the Monthly? I’m a fan… Recently I received the above question asking when the December monthly would be released. Our intent was to hold our thoughts for a few weeks, but given the question, after further consideration we felt it important to briefly explain why… No, we haven’t taken any time off. Last month we attempted the impossible; our best Switzerland impersonation (neutral stance) while discussing what we believe to be a significant, yet severely discounted risk (political/election). Some readers greatly appreciated our efforts: Writing anything that even mentions politics today sets you up for some intense reactions...I thought… Continue Reading
- Q3 2020 : That Tingling Sensation…OUT OF BULLETS?! (10/29/2020) - THAT TINGLING SENSATION… Many of us have a tingling sensation on the back of our necks that something is not quite right with today’s markets and economy. Unemployment is high, bankruptcies are rising to record levels, debt and leverage are at WW2 levels, and the government’s fiscal deficit is too obscene to print here. Yet markets flirt with all-time highs. And we all have the feeling of certainty that Uncle Fed (the rich uncle who always helps us out) is always there if things get out of hand. How do we square this circle, of economic catastrophe accompanied by rising… Continue Reading
- December 2020 : Just give it a week…
- November 2020 : Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs – The Sequel
- Q3 2020 : That Tingling Sensation…OUT OF BULLETS?!
- September 2020 : Time and Patience
- August 2020 : MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!
- Q2 2020 : Slightly out of the ordinary…
- June 2020 : Dead Cat? Or New Bull?
- May 2020 : History is Speaking to Us … Again! It’s Your Choice…
- Q1 2020 : We’ve only just begun… Cha cha changes
- March 2020 : Making Rational Decisions In uncertain times…
- Q4 2019 : The Importance of History…and boy, is it“rhyming”today?!
- December 2019 : Complexity, Fragility & CONTAGION
- November 2019 : Economic Gravity! The More things change, the more they stay the same! Have we learned Nothing?
- Q3 2019 : Cycles Matter & Risk Happens Quickly
- September 2019 : Lighting money on Fire! Justice Samuel Putnam: Turning in his grave!
- August 2019 : Odds over Outcomes?!
- Q2 2019 : Spotting Rip-Currents & Navigating Negative Yields!
- June 2019 : The Fed: Data Dependent or Defending their Position?
- May 2019 : Extend and Pretend!
- Q1 2019 : Building our Legacy starts with a Strong Foundation
- 4Q 2018 : The Fed: 650… 525(+400)… 250(+?)…
- 3Q 2018 : Let’s Play a Game – Millionaire vs. Billionaire
- 2Q 2018 : Patience, at times, is Prudent
- 1Q 2018 : Special Report – “MOAB”
- 1Q 2018 : The Return of Volatility